How to Soft Reset iPhone 7/7 Plus/6/6 Plus/6s/6s Plus/5s/5c/5- Dr.Fone
Part 3: For More Help
If the soft reset iPhone doesn’t work, then it might mean that the problem is more deeply rooted in the software. As such, there are a couple of things you can do still. Below you’ll find listed all your alternative solutions, listed in ascending order of how effective they are. However, you should beware that many of these solutions lead to irreversible data loss, and as such, you should take the precaution of backing up iPhone data.
Force Restart iPhone (No Data Loss)
In case the soft reset doesn’t work you can try to force restart iPhone. This is generally done by pressing down the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons (iPhone 6s and earlier) or the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons (iPhone 7 and 7 Plus).
Hard Reset iPhone (Data Loss)
A hard reset is also often called a factory reset because it deletes all the data in an iPhone and returns it to factory settings. It can be used to fix a number of issues. You can go to Settings on your iPhone and select the « Erase all Content and Settings » option. Just refer to the picture given below to navigate and hard reset the iPhone directly.
Alternatively, you can also connect your iPhone to your computer and perform the hard reset using iTunes.
iOS System Recovery (No Data Loss)
This is a highly recommended alternative to the hard reset because it causes no data loss, and it can scan your entire iPhone to detect errors and subsequently fix them. However, this relies on you downloading a third-party tool called Dr.Fone – System Repair. The tool has received great user and media reviews from a lot of outlets such as Forbes and Deloitte and as such, it can be trusted with your iPhone.
Dr.Fone – System Repair
Fix your iPhone problems without data loss!
- Safe, easy, and reliable.
- Fix with various iOS system issues like stuck in recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Fix iTunes errors and iPhone error, such as error 4005, iPhone error 14, error 50, error 1009, error 27, and more.
- Only fix our iOS to normal, no data loss at all.
- Work for all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
3981454 people have downloaded it
DFU mode (Data Loss)
This is the final, most effective, and also the riskiest method of them all. It deletes all the data on your iPhone and resets all the settings. It is often used when all other options have run out. To find out more about it, you can read this article: How to Put iPhone in DFU Mode
All of these methods have their own merits. For example, the Hard Reset is a simple function to perform but it leads to data loss and doesn’t guarantee success. The DFU mode is the most effective but it also wipes out all your data. Dr.Fone – is effective and doesn’t lead to data loss, however, it needs you to rely on third-party tools. Finally, it depends on what works best for you.
However, whatever you do, be sure to backup iPhone data either in iTunes, iCloud, or Dr.Fone – iOS Data Backup and Restore.
- Apple iPhone 11 64GB WHITE Reconditionné Degré AB12 MOIS GARANTIS -3494533996- LIVRAISON GRATUITE
- 11 en 1 téléphones portables ouverture Pry Kits d\'outils de réparation Smartphone tournevis ensemble d\'outils pour iPhone Samsung HTC Moto Sony professionnel
- Apple iPhone 11 64GB Rouge Reconditionné Degré AB12 MOIS GARANTIS -3494533996- LIVRAISON GRATUITE
- Essential for iPhone 11 Pro Case, Slim Clear Soft TPU, Flexible Silicone Cover pour iPhone 11 Pro 5,8 pouces, cadre vert foncé
- APPLE iPhone 11 64Go Noir Reconditionné Bon étatReconditionné
- Apple iPhone iPhone 11 Pro Max - 16,5 cm (6.5) - 2688 x 1242 pixels - 512 Go - 12 MP - iOS 13 - Argent (MWHP2ZD/A)
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro - 64Go - Gris sidéral - Désimlocké - non ReconditionnéD'occasion
- Adaptateur casque pour iPhone 11 L'adaptateur prend en charge les appels + la musique + la charge Adaptateur de prise casque audio auxiliaire Compatible pour iPhone 11 Pro / XS Max / X / XS / XR / 8/8 Plus / 7/7 Plus Prend en charge tous les systèmes iOS-